Friday, June 13, 2008

Dogtown Lake Vacation

So we came up to Dogtown Lake yesterday to camp for our annual Father's Day Camping trip with some friends and family. As soon as we got to the campground I realized that I had bought the wrong battery for my camera so I have no camera:( I feel like I am walking around naked I am so used to carrying it everywhere with me.

Then this morning we went up to the lake and walked around a good portion of it when the dog pulled me hard and I took a little tumble. My ankle popped in 2 places and now I cannot put any pressure on it at all. I kept it elevated for a couple of hours while the kids and hubby fished and then attempted to put some pressure on it but that was not happening. So the hubby had to hold on to the dog leash carry 4 chairs, the fishing rods, the bag of food and a bag of fishing gear and support me and practically carry me the 2 blocks back to the Suburban while keeping an eye on the kids and helping them up the hills! What a guy:)

This is the 3rd time I have sprained this ankle, but this one seems to hurt far worse than before. When we finally made it back to the trailer I looked at my phone and saw that it was Friday the 13th. I decided right then and there that I am not getting out of bed again today. I have someone bringing up some crutches for me and I am putting ice on it. I guess if it is still swollen and I can't put pressure on it tomorrow I may have to go to town and see if I can't find some sort of a splint.

At least the kids are having fun playing with their cousin in the dirt with monster trucks and they caught a crawdad at the lake that they have been playing with as well. They thought it was pretty funny when I fell down and now they are making themselves fall down and then they laugh and say I'm just like Mommy!

No comments: