Thursday, June 18, 2009

I've Decided To Take A Break

From my napping and reading to finally post some pictures!
This is the first campsite we stayed at on our trip outside Payson. It had electricity and nice paved roads. We are now outside of Williams with no electricity just in the middle of the forest. It is roughing it as far as I'm concerned!
The boys have found and tortured many insects and amphibians on our trip. We have seen a lot of animals at our current campsite including deer, elk and cows walking through the forest and through our campsite.
She does love camping and seems to enjoy just looking around at all of the trees.
Little Man has been a bit off today. He kept coming up to hubby and I and asking us to tickle his back and saying he needs to lay down. We even went out for ice cream tonight and he didn't want anything! Poor guy, I don't know what is wrong with him:(
Big Man had lots of fun in the dirt making a monster truck track. He is one kid who does not mind at all being totally filthy. Isn't that what camping is all about? Who am I kidding, I let him get filthy at home too:)
We have a meadow right behind our campsite where a herd of cows are usually grazing that we have been taking walks and bike rides through. The cows are pretty funny as they are walking through the forest they will come to our campsite, see us and then start running. I don't know why but seeing a cow run just makes us laugh because they are not the most graceful!
We went to a cowboy show in town tonight on the steets where they had a little shootout. It was a lot of fun seeing the cowboys, the boys were a little scared of them after the show, though.

We'll be up here for a few more days and then it will be back to real life. Tomorrow there are a bunch of friends and family coming to camp with us so the kids will have some playmates and it should be a lot of fun.

1 comment:

ChristineG said...

This sounds like so much fun! I'll have to get some expert tips from you. Tomorrow we're taking our kids just for an overnight - the first since Brooklynn was born, and I'm pretty nervous! I was an avid camper, pre-kids. Maybe I just need this first time to get back in it. I can't believe how long you're gone!