Wednesday, August 12, 2009

One Down

179 more to go until summer. When I look at this picture all I see is my little brother as this is how I remember him looking in Kindergarten!
He was so excited this morning when he was getting ready. On the way to school he told me that he wasn't sure if he was going to be able to smile at school until he got use to it and that today he was just going to look around anxiously. His use of vocabulary cracks me up sometimes. When we got to school he was a little nervous I could tell. Hubby and I walked him to his class and then we walked out onto the playground until the bell rang and then he said he was fine and that we didn't need to stay so I just took one more picture and left.
No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get him to smile again. On Wednesday mornings they have Chapel first thing and he has an 8th grade chapel buddy who he sits with and who shows him how to act and what to do. Big Man thought it was pretty cool that a big kid was talking to him.
When I picked him up he was all smiles and said: I had so much fun and can't wait to go back tomorrow, but I didn't learn to read yet:)

2 comments:

Lorie said...

how sweet is he? I didn't learn to read yet! Love it!

Lise said...

OH. MY. GOSH. How cute is he??? And he TOTALLY looks like your brother! Funny, because I never realized how much you and your brother looked alike until looking at G. I L-O-V-E his thoughts about starting school - so precious!