Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Rest Of The Weekend

Yesterday I took the boys to the Botanical Gardens. They have done a lot of remodeling since we were there last year and it is really nice!
The butterfly garden was filled with many butterflies of course.
We got to witness a lizard stalk, attack and eat a butterfly. The boys thought that was pretty interesting.
I'm not sure how butterfly's mate, but these two were stuck together and flying all over. Little Man said: Oh how cute, a mama carrying her baby:)
This morning my Mother-In-Law took the boys to see the implosion downtown.
As Big Man explains it, it went bang bang bang and then there was a lot of smoke.
Little Man was a little scared by all of the noise, but he wouldn't stop talking about it.
Tonight the boys were building houses out of blocks and were pretending to blow them up. I'm sure that trick is going to be around for a while.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The photo with the smoke is the same shot as in today's paper (page B-3), same angle only behind the crowd. We were in the front right behind the motorcycle cops. I'll save newspaper photo. Awesome!

Lorie said...

I love the butterfly garden! I think they did the remodeling of the BG when they had the glass show (same guy who did the Balagio in Vegas...can't think of his name).

And I didn't hear about the building until Sunday night! My son would have thought that was SO COOL!